Whether you are just starting up a business or joint venture, planning to sell one, merging or getting ready to float, Underwood & Co is the ideal partner for all your corporate needs.
Our expert corporate finance team is perfectly placed to help to ensure you get the right advice and support throughout the entire process.
We have in-depth knowledge of the legal nuances of corporate finance. That includes financing assets or debts to managing family succession, and the challenge of mergers and acquisitions – as well as the excitement of welcoming shareholders.
We will take as much time as it takes to get to know you and your business so that we can tailor our assistance to suit your unique requirements and any legal issues that may affect you.
Our services in this sector cover the following areas:
- Acquisition/disposal agreements
- Asset finance
- Buying a company or business
- Debt finance
- Demergers and other corporate reorganisations
- Equity funding
- Family company succession
- Incorporation of businesses
- Joint ventures
- Management buy-outs
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Partnership, LLP agreements and dissolution
- Selling a company or business
- Share buy-backs
- Shareholders’ arrangements
We are also happy to work on general corporate arrangements and administration, including:
- Acting as the company secretary
- Drafting minutes of directors’ meetings
- Maintaining companies’ statutory registers
- Undertaking company secretarial work
When you need expert legal advice on a corporate or corporate finance issue, Underwood & Co can give you peace of mind and assist you in reaching the ideal outcome.
Some examples of our Corporate experience
- The firm advised on the acquisition of a substantial property management business for a major provider significantly increasing their presence in an area where they already had a formidable
- The firm advised a major hospitality group on the acquisition of a 43-restaurant fast food portfolio. Roughly half of the restaurants were acquired by way of share purchase and the other half by asset purchase. The total value was approximately £40 million and involved the transfer of several hundred employees across the relevant sites.
- The firm acted on the sale of a £50 million pound hotel. The advice provided covered all aspects of the transaction and drew upon expertise across the firm. Transfer of a trophy asset in a prime west end location, involving the transfer of substantial listed building.
- The firm acted on the sale of Five star luxury London hotel in excess of £200 million.
- The firm acted for an Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) listed company in relation to the sale of the shares in a UK subsidiary medical billing company for circa £11.5 million.